Metapad crashing on 2 different iphones

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Metapad crashing on 2 different iphones

Longtime Metapad user. Just purchased metapad 15 minutes ago and have had zero luck getting the app to stay open. I'm running iOS 13.x on 2 iPhones. I'm familiar with metaserver and am updated to 2.05. I get through a couple of steps and it crashes. I am running Metapad on 2 iPads. Quit those just to be sure and still nothing. My Mac is running 10.13.6 and i'm connecting to iPads and iPhones over and Ad-Hoc WiFi network.

I need the detail repro path for the crash - what are the steps you are performing?

Comment

I can't perform any steps because the app crashes. I haven't seen it work once yet on 2 different devices. I'm literally just launching the app and *poof!* I got through some of the startup screens, and got to the point where it's seeing the metaserver network. If i try to select the network (the same one i've been using for my metapad setup for several years) the app just crashes. I haven't gotten a single gesture to work yet because i can't get that far without a crash. Please let me know what else you need to know. Would really like to get this up and running.

Comment

Thanks for the info. Please enable sharing sharing crash data with developers - Settings > Privacy > Analytics & Improvements - we should get your crash logs - we will do our best to get you up and running ASAP.

Comment

in Mac OS or in the app? I don't share crash info ordinarily. I enabled it on the mac, crashed the app a few times on the phone. Not sure if you got that. Please let me know where exactly you want this enabled and what i need to do to be sure you get a crash report.

Comment

In iOS settings on your iPhone: Settings > Privacy > Analytics & Improvements > Share with Developers. By default, this option is disabled. Apologies for not being precise enough.

Comment

Thank you for the clarification. I turned this on and crashed the app multiple times from 2 iPhones and an iPad. You should be seeing crash data for those. Let me know if you need me to do anything else in the meantime. ?

Comment

• Przemek
                Przemek commented
                Editing a comment
                Still waiting for the crash reports. I have a question - can you please download Metaserver Beta from Metagrid Beta channel and see if Metapad still crashes on launch?
            Working...
            X