This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [IMPORTANT] Metagrid freezes on the Loading Data... spinner in iOS10

Metagrid freezes on Loading Data.. spinner in iOS10. We are investigating the issue - everything works well on Xcode simulators - we don't have access to older hardware though. We have implemented some probable fixes in 1.5.3 that will be released very soon. Let's hope that will work.

Same issue on iPad 4 running OS 10.3.3. When I disable WiFi (I use USB connection only), it skips from "Loading Data" immediately to "Network scanning" but then gets stuck there.

Comment

I get the same "Loading data..." error on older iPad.

Comment

Today the iPad moved past "Loading data..." and recognized the connection - but only WiFi (even though it's connected USB). I selected the WiFi connection, then it got stuck again. I checked the Console on the Metaserver of the computer. It showed "Usb Device 28 connected, sending name", then "Network server was stop. (ipv6only: false)"

I continued to attempt connection, turning off WiFi on the iPad and selecting USB connection only in the Metaserver setup. Tried different combinations of settings on both the iPad and computer. Nothing worked. And when I go back to the console of the Metaserver, it only shows that info on that first connection attempt I listed above. None of the other attempts registered in the console report.

Hope this helps! Waiting for a solution!

Comment

Working hard on this pesky bug. As said, all Apple software simulators work OK - this issue is very, very weird. We will be working during the weekend to make it right.

Comment

I know you working hard on this Bug. Have an old iPad Gen. 4 wich is affected from this issue, and since purchasing your insanely Badass App, I'm not able to use it so far. I'm hoping to get this Issue fixed, and as what I see in the Internet, thank you so much for your excellent Work.

Comment

FWIW, this is definitely related to older hardware and/or iOS versions. My iPad Pro (running 13.4.1) connects and works great, but my iPad 4 (running 10.3.3) hangs at "Loading Data" via WiFi or USB. Looking forward to the fix since (I suspect like many) I was hoping to repurpose the older iPad in my composing workflow. Wishing you good luck in running this down.

Comment

karma I know that there is a Workaround out there, to pull an older Version of the App Store, if you have an previous Version installed earlier, so you should than be able to use Metagrid on your iPad 4.

Comment

Originally posted by Auxiliary.inn View Post
                  karma I know that there is a Workaround out there, to pull an older Version of the App Store, if you have an previous Version installed earlier, so you should than be able to use Metagrid on your iPad 4.
                  How do you go back to an older version? In the App Store, I can see the Version History, but I can't download any of those versions.

Comment

SOLUTION: I deleted the Metagrid app from my iPad 4 and rebooted. Then I went to the App Store and downloaded Metagrid again from "Purchases." It downloaded an older version - I assume the Metagrid guys changed that so the App Store recognized my OS and gave me the compatible version. Working here now!

Comment

FYI for others trying to resolve this issue... Unfortunately I just purchased Metagrid this week, so the App Store will only download 1.5.3 for me. Will have to wait for a fix.

Comment

Hello, I just registered here and saw that I am probably not the only one with one or this problem.

So I have an iPad 4 generation, IOS 10.3.3 with Metagrid version 1.4.93 installed.
                        Everything great.

Now I have updated to version 1.5.3 with Metaserver 2.1.5 on the PC.
                        Metagrid recognizes my PC and with `` Loading data .... '' Metagrid hangs, nothing works anymore.

I removed Metagrid several times, reset iPad, version 1.4.93. reinstalled - everything is working update to version 1.5.3 - Metagrid hangs ?????

What can I do?

In addition, when installing the DROPBOX I am asked that I am on IOS 11.1
                        My iPad shows that I have the latest version.

What can I do?

Greeting

Comment

Any word on this? Don't want to delete it and re-download as Luke W did because my ipad is not backing up to the cloud and I don't want to lose all the hard work I put into programming my buttons. Have newer ipads here I could use but they do not have the buttons I programmed. Major disappointment.

Comment

I get the same thing - "Loading data..." and it never resolves.

Comment

Hi Guys - thanks for your patience - we are working hard to solve this - it is Apple's bug - some methods we use don't work as expected on iOS10 as they should - we've filed the issue with Apple - waiting for the response - in the meantime we are trying different workarounds.

Comment

Working...
                              X