Midi Learn of specific buttons / sliders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Midi Learn of specific buttons / sliders

I think it would be handy and useful to have the ability to "midi learn" specific buttons / sliders of Metagrid projects into a midi controller, and saved with the project. In my case I would just "set and forget" very common commands of my setup, making my workflow even more snappy.

How should it work exactly? To be saved for example with Cubase project, right? And recalled when you open the project?

Comment

I think the midi learned commands should be saved inside Metagrid project, because they could be also used for tasks outside the DAW.
      Example:

- I set a button or slider on Metagrid that will start a macro on Keyboard Maestro (open x folder, send x mail, open x program, control computer main volume etc)
      - I midi learn this button / slider into a midi controller and save it inside my Metagrid project.

Now I will have specific buttons/sliders for specific tasks always ready for me in a midi controller, without losing the more dynamic and powerful elements of Metagrid.
      I could even create a "midi learn" hidden workspace where I'd put all midi learned commands, leaving my Metagrid project tidy.
      Last edited by FLTR; 08-24-2021, 09:33 PM.

Comment

That would require MGPro to interface directly with your MIDI controller - our MIDI ports are accessible for DAWs only. I have added it to the FR list.

Comment

Thank you a lot. I think it would be massively useful

Comment

Working...
          X