Plugin Control

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plugin Control

Since plugins are basically apps wrapped inside DAWS I was wondering if there was a way to dynamically control them in the same way MG dynamically controls Apps on focus

It is not that easy - generally DAWs don't broadcast the information regarding the focused plugins...

Comment

You can use Metagrid in conjunction with Keyboard Maestro to interface with Plug-in windows - interface with anything on the screen, really.

Comment

Oh this is interesting. How do you do that? I mean, It would be nice if, by opening a plugin in the DAW, this plugin shows up in MG

Comment

It would be ideal - but MGPro would need access to the DAWs api or dedicated controller in DAW. We will investigate it as soon as we release MG Pro.

Comment

Originally posted by FLTR View Post
            Oh this is interesting. How do you do that? I mean, It would be nice if, by opening a plugin in the DAW, this plugin shows up in MG
            I've haven't got KM interacting back into MG Pro (so far I haven't needed to and I don't know if it can be done), but once you open a plugin in the DAW, KM can interface with any of the controls on show. Basically, instead of you moving the mouse and clicking, you set it up so that KM does the work for you with a single button push in MG Pro. It can be something as simple as just one mouse click, or something much more complicated that involves multiple actions.

Each plug-in would have its own grid (or grids) within MG Pro and you'd have to set up buttons that link to the different grids. In Dorico's case, you'd probably want to be able to access your plug-in grids while you were in Play Mode. I'd do that by having one of the buttons on my main Play Mode grid linking to a separate Grid listing all my plug-in grids . I can select the particular plug in from there.

Comment

Originally posted by David T View Post

I've haven't got KM interacting back into MG Pro (so far I haven't needed to and I don't know if it can be done), but once you open a plugin in the DAW, KM can interface with any of the controls on show. Basically, instead of you moving the mouse and clicking, you set it up so that KM does the work for you with a single button push in MG Pro. It can be something as simple as just one mouse click, or something much more complicated that involves multiple actions.

Each plug-in would have its own grid (or grids) within MG Pro and you'd have to set up buttons that link to the different grids. In Dorico's case, you'd probably want to be able to access your plug-in grids while you were in Play Mode. I'd do that by having one of the buttons on my main Play Mode grid linking to a separate Grid listing all my plug-in grids . I can select the particular plug in from there.

Fantastic, have to try it. Thank you

Comment

Working...
              X