Still crash on import, Buil 10110

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Still crash on import, Buil 10110

Just downloaded the new build (10110) and on my 5th try I managed to import a viewset from v.1. I'm sorry to say that the first 4 attempts resulted in a crash...

Originally posted by MatsHall View Post
    Just downloaded the new build (10110) and on my 5th try I managed to import a viewset from v.1. I'm sorry to say that the first 4 attempts resulted in a crash...
    Same here.
    Not yet managed to get the successful attempt, though ...

Comment

I can't replicate it - every mvset file from my MG1 imports ok. Can you please send me the mvset files for testing at [email protected]. You content will remain confidential of course.

Comment

Of course, will post it in a minute... 👍

Comment

• Przemek
          Przemek commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks! Much appreciated :-)

I have managed to import the mvset file you have sent with no crash on my end. Can you please describe the repo procedure you follow step by step or record a short video?

Comment

I have now been able to import the viewset from v1 but one scene in particular crashes MGP, only that one.
          What can I do? Are you getting any crash dumps?

Actually, sorry, I can describe this better:
          This viewset has 7 scenes, each one with 2 grids. Each of them is titled with the number of the scene (just the 7th one has an icon). When I tap on 1-2-3 every scene opens and the icon of the scene has the light-grey background that shows it is selected. If I select scene 4 MGP crashes but ... if I select scene 5 it opens scene 4 with 4 & 5 getting the light grey background, and so on... n° 6 opens n° 5 with 5 & 6 highlighted.
          Going back to 4 then crashes.

Temporary workaround: activate Edit Mode, tap on Edit for the scenes lists then drag 5th scene above 4th. Confirm and check that it doesn't crash. Back to Edit, drag 4th above 5th and now it doesn't crash! Interesting at least
          Last edited by NotationMaster; 09-03-2021, 11:33 AM.

Comment

• Przemek
            Przemek commented
            Editing a comment
            Can you send me the workspace for testing? Naturally, I will keep it confidential and delete it immediately.

• NotationMaster
            NotationMaster commented
            Editing a comment
            Just sent via email. You can download a free version of Sibelius for testing this.

Originally posted by Przemek View Post
          I have managed to import the mvset file you have sent with no crash on my end. Can you please describe the repo procedure you follow step by step or record a short video?
          I'll try it again when I'm back at the office after the weekend.

Comment

Here is a screen recording of the import process.

I'm importing the Dorico (V1) workspace with Dorico in focus.

Comment

Working...
            X