Computer (USB) not detected after installing Touchable Pro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Computer (USB) not detected after installing Touchable Pro

After installing the driver of Touchable Pro app, Metagrid no longer finds my MacBookPro. My connection is USB and it looks like it was broken somehow. Instead It works if in Wi Fi.
    I am operating with Metagrid Pro Beta (Metaserver 3.0.0)
    I tried and re-install both MetaServer and Metagrid with no luck. I also downgraded to Metaserver 2.3.2 and Metagrid 1but still no longer available computers detected.

Attached Files
    Last edited by FLTR; 09-18-2021, 11:28 AM.

I have an update for this:
    After closing zerodebug server, I was able to make Metagrid be reachable again. So I got the message: you cannot run both apps together. This is quite a bummer since I wanted to use 2 iPads, one with Metagrid and the other with Touchable. Don't know if there may be a workaround (I don't use wifi in my studio because it makes my networked machines go bananas)

Comment

It seems that they use a very aggressive port allocation algorithm that blocks the port used by MG for connection - I will consult it with our network engineer.

Comment

Thank you Przemek. In the meantime I got this message from Pascal at Zerodebug that explains the matter (hope not to break any secret here):

"touchAble uses libmobiledevice to establish the connection via USB on windows and mac to iOS on port 2345 (studiomux uses 2346). In case metagrid uses the same port both servers won’t be able to establish a connection at the same time.

In addition to libmobiledevice (using iTunes libraries) we also offer a native usb connection between Mac and iOS, which may be an easy fix (deactivate connections via libmobiledevice) for the problem."

Comment

I am desperately looking for a solution... can you make a tutorial on how to fix this please? I would like to use two ipads simultaneously, one for Touchable and one for Metagrid but I'm not comfortable with coding and I don't understand how I can fix this problem. Any advice would be appreciated.
          Thanks

Comment

At the moment I did a workaround that solves the problem: I created a hotspot with my Mac (without internet, just wifi) and log my iPads in there. No USB, just WIFI, but it works

Comment

UPDATE:
              WiFi connection works well but I cannot access internet (I access internet via ethernet for Studio facilities limitations). The problem is I cannot share/import/export easily.
              So I'm stuck in a catch-22 situation.
              Is there a way to solve the USB connection issue while using both Metagrid and Touchable? Did you maybe come up with a solution?

Comment

FLTR We are investigating this.

Comment

Originally posted by Przemek View Post
                  FLTR We are investigating this.
                  Thank You!

Comment

Working...
                  X