Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No connection on LAN?

Hello,

i am about to jump in for the paid version, but i have doubts it will work well here,using mac studio and m1ipad with 12.6.1/ios 16.1.1. Latest Cubase.

I can’t use direct usb connection from the ipad as it is connected to an audio and a midi interfaces and a lan switch.

my wifi router is connected to the internet but it seems metagrid behaves laggy and often drops out from connection.

so i use a 1gbps switch for various midi and link duties, working well before metagrid.

Can i use metagrid pro on a lan network instead of a wifi? Doesn’t connect at all without wifi
    Last edited by loreamon; 11-29-2022, 03:40 PM.

Originally posted by loreamon View Post
    Hello,

i am about to jump in for the paid version, but i have doubts it will work well here,using mac studio and m1ipad with 12.6.1/ios 16.1.1. Latest Cubase.

I can’t use direct usb connection from the ipad as it is connected to an audio and a midi interfaces and a lan switch.

my wifi router is connected to the internet but it seems metagrid behaves laggy and often drops out from connection.

so i use a 1gbps switch for various midi and link duties, working well before metagrid.

Can i use metagrid pro on a lan network instead of a wifi? Doesn’t connect at all without wifi
    There isnt any LAN support as we speak but my guess is this would be something we see down the road. Im running on a Wifi network and and can honestly say MGP is totally lag free.
    I don't know your network and have no place to tell you that something on your network maybe causing this lag. What i will suggest is to check things over like cables, router settings.
    If you are using a 3rd party router (Not free from ISP) you may want to experiment disabling settings like Airtime Fairness, Multi-User MIMO, OFDMA/802.11ax MU-MIMO, 802.11ax/ac Beamforming as settings like these can cause apple products to behave strange when connected to routers such as Asus. Remember MGP requires a consistent connection to your system so if your router has dropped packets or wifi timeouts (even for a split sec) this will have an effect on MGP as it would any software/app working in the same manor.

Also... Not sure what Wifi band you are using but maybe try switching between 5/2.4ghz making sure you have a clean connection too. Ie, check what channel your wifi network is transmitting on and If you are in a wifi congested neighbourhood (download a wifi analyzer from the app store) make sure you are NOT sharing channels. Manually select a channel within your router to prevent this from happening. Sharing the same wifi channels as other routers will without doubt cause network dropouts.

Hope this info helps.

Regards​
    Last edited by Muzik4Life; 11-30-2022, 05:51 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Muzik4Life View Post

There isnt any LAN support as we speak but my guess is this would be something we see down the road. Im running on a Wifi network and and can honestly say MGP is totally lag free.
      I don't know your network and have no place to tell you that something on your network maybe causing this lag. What i will suggest is to check things over like cables, router settings.
      If you are using a 3rd party router (Not free from ISP) you may want to experiment disabling settings like Airtime Fairness, Multi-User MIMO, OFDMA/802.11ax MU-MIMO, 802.11ax/ac Beamforming as settings like these can cause apple products to behave strange when connected to routers such as Asus. Remember MGP requires a consistent connection to your system so if your router has dropped packets or wifi timeouts (even for a split sec) this will have an effect on MGP as it would any software/app working in the same manor.

Also... Not sure what Wifi band you are using but maybe try switching between 5/2.4ghz making sure you have a clean connection too. Ie, check what channel your wifi network is transmitting on and If you are in a wifi congested neighbourhood (download a wifi analyzer from the app store) make sure you are NOT sharing channels. Manually select a channel within your router to prevent this from happening. Sharing the same wifi channels as other routers will without doubt cause network dropouts.

Hope this info helps.

Regards​

Thanks for reply!

I will indeed check the router, but for example i am able to sync 3-4 devices via ableton link perfectly on the same wifi. Actually commands in MGP are not that heavy information either, should be fine.

Maybe i have some feedback midi issues? The software looks great otherwise, can’t wait to try the cubase midi and channel strip grids! Are there photos of cubase grids coming with MGP?
      bests

Comment

Working...
      X