Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can someone remind what is the difference in icon colors on the server selection?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can someone remind what is the difference in icon colors on the server selection?

Can someone remind what is the difference in icon colors on the server selection? (See attached image) Is it the 5GHz Wifi vs the 2.4GHz wifi? If so, is there any way to change the Wifi icon to specify which is which?

Bump.. Wondering this myself.

Comment

The icon colors should be as follows:
      1. Oragne = Mac WiFi
      2. Pink = Mac USB
      3. Yellow = Windows USB
      4. Green = Windows WiFi
      5. Gray - wrong server version
      Christopher Drake - do you see some weird stuff going on on your setup as far as the colors are concerned?

Comment

• Christopher Drake
        Christopher Drake commented
        Editing a comment
        Hi Przemek, yeah, what has been strange is that when I restart or fresh boot my Mac Pr,o Metagrid automatically syncs up to (WiFi) Metaserver (2.3.0) without showing the "Available Computers" selection screen.

Working WIFI only- Metaserver seems to crash intermitently throughout the day while I am working. My computer is a foot away from the iPad, so its not a distance thing. Sometimes hours go by without incident, however it will ultimately stop at some point, and Metaserver needs to be closed and re-launched.

If I only re-launch Metaserver, as opposed to a full system reboot I get the "Available Computers" selection, and not the "auto connect". What was confusing is that there is always two Mac Pro's shown in the Available Computer options in pink and orange icons, but BOTH of them say "Mac Pro WiFi". Neither are indicated as USB.

Another strange thing occurring lately is that I will look at my Metagrid Cubase template, and action buttons will randomly, intermittently trigger without having been touched.. for example the "Hub" in Cubase will randomly pop up during working on a music cue, because it was triggered by Metagrid. I have watched Metagrid action buttons on the iPad appear randomly touched-without me touching it.. It looks like the invisible man is touching the screen, or Metagrid is possessed! lol

Thoughts?
        Last edited by Christopher Drake; 01-16-2021, 02:14 AM.

Chris - "the invisible man pressing" behaviour is absolutely surprising for us since there isn't a single line of code in Metaserver/Metagrid that can automatically trigger button actions. We definitely need to investigate it. Can you please email us at [email protected] and paste this issue description above and we will take from there - we will need detailed logs from your system etc. Also please enable sharing data with developers on your iPad to enable us to get crash logs.

Comment

• Christopher Drake
        Christopher Drake commented
        Editing a comment
        Hi Przemek.. sorry for the delay, currently on show deadlines.. Per "the Invisible Man" syndrome.. I think I may have sussed something out, that has nothing to do with Metagrid.. I keep my iPad on top of my master keyboard- a Roland Fantom G8, specifically covering the original GUI LCD screen on the keyboard. I think what may be happening is that the iPad is slowly overheating from the display underneath, as I've noticed the iPad unusually warm lately. Experimenting with the iPad off of the keyboard, to see if the "invisible Man" weirdness stops.. will keep you posted.. Thanks as always for your attention!
    Working...
    X